It’s been 2 years now since you and your wonderful team redesigned my foot and I still can’t believe how much it has turned my life around; I just want to thank you and your team again for then wonderful work that you do.
For Healthcare Practitioners
Are you fed up with a foot or ankle that’s painful and is stopping you from being active?
I specialise in helping patients suffering from pain in their foot or ankle, and also those that have have found themselves in a difficult position, having already gone through surgery.
I help patients with the whole range of foot and ankle problems, including trauma.
- This includes ankle arthritis, that might need an ankle replacement or fusion.
- Foot shape problems such as a flat foot, or high arched foot.
- Some of my patients have neurological illnesses and brain injuries, who are now struggling with mobility.
- Other problems include achilles problems, plantar fasciitis, bunions and arthritis.
When I meet with patients, we go through a full history and examination, and we may go through some diagnostic investigations. This might include, X-rays, MRI or CT scan.
We’ll sit down and have discussions about your treatment options. I believe that every patient should have explored conservative treatment before considering surgery and I work closely with physiotherapists, orthotists etc. If you’re finding yourself in the position of needing to consider surgery, we’ll decide together what best fits your needs, both for now and for the future.
My experience and expertise in treating complicated patients means I’m in a great position to be able to help to help patients like you.
- Consultant orthopaedic foot and ankle surgeon who exclusively specialises in surgery of the foot and ankle.
- Double fellowship trained, as well as research/clinical fellowship in the world renowned Foot and Ankle Institute, Baltimore, USA.
- NHS Practice is at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, National Centre of Excellence for Orthopaedics.
- Private Practice is at Spire Bushey, and The Wellington Hospital, London.
- Master of Science Trauma and Orthopaedics with distinction 2014
- Fellowship of Royal College of Surgeons of England 2013
- Bachelor or Medicine and Surgery, University of Leeds, 2003
- Bachelor of Science with distinction 2001
Areas of Expertise
- Ankle Arthritis and Replacement
- Ankle ligament Injury
- Achilles Problems and Plantar Fasciitis
- Flat feet
- High arched feet
- Big toe arthritis and Bunions
- All areas of Foot and Ankle Surgery
Dear Mr Welck, I would like to thank you for how quickly you managed to fit me in to have my ankle replacement surgery. My thanks to you and all your team for the care and efficient way I was looked after. I now have no pain at all and am looking forward to being able to walk with no discomfort and start living my life again.
Mr Welck is very professional and instilled confidence and reassurance from our first meeting. He has been very thorough at all levels and my surgery has been a great success.
My operation and Mr Welck’s care has completely turned my life around… I can do so much more now and visit so many places.
A simple thankyou doesn’t seem to be enough to express my extreme gratitude and appreciation for the outstanding care and professionalism I received from Mr Welck. A year on and I am still singing his praises for his amazing surgical skills, dedication and professionalism, in truth I had great anxiety and fear about the operation, but his caring, confident, encouraging and positive attitude reassured me from the start. A huge thankyou.
I cannot thank you and your team enough for the difference you have made to my life. When I was initially told by surgeon’s I only had a 60% chance of improvement, I knew I wasn’t a straightforward case! I have now taken up running and have done 28 park runs, 2 5k races and one 8km race. I have just entered a 10K. Thanks again.
Any questions? Like to book an appointment? Fill out the book appointment form and you will be contacted the same day with an appointment.
Or Get in touch with my secretary on 0207 042 1869.
Urgent same day appointments will be offered where possible.